Welcome again!

There hasn't been much to post about lately, apart from the fact that myself and a few other 8th grades were graded up to 7th grade, Yellow belt/Green stripe, on Monday of week 15.

There was no "grading" as such, we were just assessed on our form by Instructor Greg and at the end of class, were presented with our stripes!

Other students were graded also, however, some were not and left class disappointed with one in tears. 
I think this shows an example of how rank can be a seen as a sort of trophy rather than a representation of your skill level. 
Even though the student who was upset was very young, the reaction to not being graded displays that the mentality in which the student sees the belt ranks, is wrong.

I am now at the level I was when I was training in New Zealand. I am yearning to re-learn my pattern and begin more kicking lessons with focus pads. 
Focus pads are great because you're able to tell how powerful your strike is whilst the person holding the pad can tell you if your technique needs work.

-

Since it is school holidays, our lessons have started appealing more to the young kids, our warm ups last for over half the lesson and instead of practicing new patterns and such, we have been doing "fun" stuff like playing soccer.

I'm eager to get into things and am hopeful this week we will focus more on technique/patterns/kicks. 

Until then! Thanks for reading.

-Kirstine