Hello one and all!

My computer has been broken for some time now and has started working again just recently!

I just wanted to make a very very quick update on my RTKD training and where I am at now, today.

So since my last post I have been graded to Brown belt, 2nd grade. It was actually really difficult because I had a tough time learning my 3rd grade pattern proficiently in time for the most recent action day.
I had a lot of help my my instructors and senior students who really pushed me to learn and get that technique right.

After two sessions of being in this grade, I had my last lesson with the Cairns dojang!
It wasn't sad, I had a lot of best wishes given to me and such. I didn't get to say goodbye and thank my Instructor as he was away that week for work.
I also didn't get to say goodbye to Orawee, who was also away, but that's okay.

Hopefully I'll be returning to Cairns before the Christmas break so I can see everyone again.

-

I now live in the GOLD COAST!
It's been a wonderful experience getting to know the city so far and it is very beautiful here.

I hope to document this interesting time in my life with YouTube videos, so subscribe to Kegan Egan, my channel and I should be uploading my first video within a couple of weeks.

-

I also attended my very first Rhee TKD lesson here in the Gold Coast. I went to the Merrimac dojang, led by Instructor Michael, who actually knows Instructor Greg and used to train with him!

It was a really different experience. So much focus of speed, endurance and SPARRING!
We spent the first half an hour just straight sparring, changing partners along the way. I found this really challenging in a good way. I even got to spar two people at once for the first time and it was a lot of fun.

We then went through all the patterns from the beginning, I noticed some differences like- no hip movement, more focus on speeding through the pattern rather than locking out each move which resulted in less power.

I'm not sure if it's just the way they do things, or if it was only the particular students I was watching. But i guess I will have to re-learn it their way. Not too sure how I feel about that just yet.
If anyone has ever had to ajust to a new way of doing the same style of martial art please comment some tips it would help me out a lot.

-

So I haven't been back since then, but I am waiting to figure out my University time table and how I can arrange TKD in among it all.
I really miss training so hopefully I can get back soon

Thank you so much for reading!

Kirstine Powhiro
2nd Grade (Brown Belt)
Rhee Tae Kwon Do