Welcome back!

So in week 12 I took my first ever day off TKD, it was a tough decision, but attending a friend's dinner had to come first. The guilt was excruciating! But nevertheless I returned to training on Wednesday where we spent majority of the lesson training in 3 step sparring!

My feelings from the week before were correct, we are indeed practising 3 step so much because shortly we will be having what is called an 'Action Day', in which the students are graded and Master Rhee visits to oversee our progress and offer advice.

I am so excited!

-

Heading into Monday of week 13 more 3 step practise and kicking technique practise as well. Instructor Greg helped myself and the other yellow belts understand the mechanics of performing the infamous side kick! (or side piercing kick as I have been incorrectly naming it). 
I have no idea what will be involved in the Action Day grading but am hoping that I have enough knowledge to pass into the next grade!

Wednesday's lesson our Instructor was away and so the class was taken by First Dan, Instructor Kurtis who brought back the extreme memories from my original NZ club, sending us on bear crawl, gecko crawl, lunge squats and straight sprinting shuttles. Every single person was drenched in sweat but it didn't stop there. 
We then quickly jumped into a cycle of kicks, leaps and strikes with focus pads. Which was (in my opinion), the best part of the evening.

Instructor Kurtis then took the senior class where we ran through our patterns in order and afterwards for a bit of fun, the class was split in half and the coloured belts sparred against Instructor Gary and Instructor Kurtis leaving us all heaving for breath by the end of class.

By far one of the most challenging yet fun lessons yet.

Next week I assume we will be focusing again on 3 step and patterns in preparation for Action Day. I have feelings of nervousness but am confident I will pass!

Wish me luck!

-Kirstine