Welcome back!

Sorry for not posting. It was a very simple two weeks of training.
For week 10 on both Monday and Wednesday I focused on perfecting my pattern for yellow belt, Dan Gun, or Tan Gun, still unsure of the pronunciation.
Patterns are my favourite element of TKD, I love the feeling of learning a new pattern and getting it right for the first time. Although I already knew this pattern from ITF, it is still so much fun to incorporate the Rhee way into things. 

As well as this we had half a lesson dedicated to 3 step sparring. Which is very repetitive but I do think that it is an important aspect of TKD. I somewhat feel that all this 3 step drilling is getting us ready for a grading or something? Unsure. But it really has been one of the main focuses for the past 2 weeks.

I would love to focus on some kicking techniques as they are really important when performing patterns, they have to be precise and timed perfectly. 

Something really cool we did Wednesday this week was performing our patterns with our eyes closed. It really enforces the need to practise often so that it becomes a natural habit. I felt every fault in my movements and really need to get my stances sorted as they're lacking strength.

-

I had a great conversation with one of the brown belts, a lady, who also trained in a different style of TKD before moving into Rhee TKD. It was interesting to hear how she copes with adapting to the changes and we both have similar thoughts on technique. 

-  

On a personal level I can really feel myself improving. Each time I do my pattern I feel my corrections taking place. Stretching isn't so painful anymore and my outlook on training has become a mix of focus and fun. I'm progressively feeling okay with the fact that my techniques aren't perfect yet still have the drive to want to perfect them.  It's a great feeling.

My main goal now is to grade up and re-learn the new pattern, Do-San. The last pattern I remember from ITF. For now I'm enjoying training. 

Check back with you next week.

-Kirstine