Getting back into the swing of things after my holiday during week 21, was HORRIBLE , to say the least.

I found warm ups excruciatingly hard, couldn't even sprint for a few shuttle runs without running my lungs hoarse. I'm not a very fit person anyway, yet I had been running well, but week 21 saw that ball WAY out of the park.
We did a lot of stance drills to help out our beginners some more and also more 3 step sparring.

-

This week however, week 22, saw Mondays lesson taught by a different instructor from another club. It was refreshingly different. 

The warm up was hard but didn't drag on too long and we did some really fun kicking drills in which I felt some great improvement in my front kicks.
I would love to do more kicking things with focus pads to actually FEEL how well I'm doing and so that when it comes to breaking boards I will know I can do it.

For senior class we did patterns which was cool too. You know I love patterns.

Wednesday night saw instructor Greg back on the scene, we had a long warm up but I felt great doing it, some blocking drills and then practiced some take downs to finish which was really fun! 

-

I'm also thinking about taking up Iaido. I'm not too sure about it, there is a class which runs in my town but the website gives no info about times so I'm unsure when I can go take a look. 

However I have always been mystified by the art of the sword and also by the samurai warriors of Japan. 
Perhaps more updates on this later.

Till next time.

-Kirstine