Hello once again!

I just want to start off by saying that I really am enjoying my training. It's the thing I look forward to most in my week, the place I forget my worries, where I am most productive and more importantly, where I am being true to myself.

If you having been contemplating taking up a martial art or a sport or even starting gym, I recommend you go for it! I really do wish I had started earlier so my only advice would be to stop wondering "what if?" and just go and do it. 

-

Now into the past fortnight's training.
Week 19 was great for me, I found myself blazing through warm ups with high energy and hitting personal targets with my patterns.
Both Monday and Wednesday we trained in 3 step sparring. Which in all honestly, isn't my favourite, but I had a fun partner which made the repetitive punching and blocking go by quickly. 
In week 20 I was away on holiday for Monday's lesson, but came back on Wednesday ready to go. 

Unfortunately my body was NOT ready to go and being on a lazy holiday had made me, less than mobile. During the warm up I pulled something in my ankle and as Instructor Greg was away for this lesson, Instructor Curtis had taken over and his warm ups are always full on. 
I sat out for a while, feeling bad about it and when I joined back in we went through patterns.

Instructor Curtis drives the idea of discipline to the class, keeping stances when the instructor is speaking, not moving when in ready position. All of the things taught to me in my NZ classes, yet everything I have forgotten to do.

-

We finished up with some free sparring which was fun!

All in all I'm hoping next week I will be back to my normal self, although I have been busy and have not been training at home this week. 

Wish me luck!

-Kirstine