Greetings!


This week was my first official week as a Green belt. YAY!
I can already feel the pressure I once felt when I didn't know what came next. For the past 6 months or so I have felt calm because I have had previous knowledge of TKD, but now I have surpassed my former self and now have to learn new things.

It's scary.

On Monday Instructor Gary offered to teach me my new pattern, Won Hyo, before class, man, I cannot explain how confused I get.
There is one move where you imagine you're being kicked at the groin, so you block it and with the other hand scoop out the imaginary leg. I forget how to do it, every single time. 

It's so frustrating and I have also been told that I still do the bouncing, sine-wave motion associated with ITF. It's such a hard thing to get out of the system. 

Other than this we did a few kicking drills then watched seniors break boards the rest of the lesson.

-

Wednesday I tried to teach the newly graded yellow belt's (who I usually practice with before class) pattern Tan/Dan Gun.
But a few other kids saw me teaching her and all wanted to help so we ended up with around 4 people trying to teach her at once, I could tell she was a little confused so I let her know that the coming Monday it would be just her and I so we can do it properly.

The lesson was pretty good, lots of running, Instructor Wayne took us for most of the lesson and we practiced kicking, which at the time was tiring as hell but in hindsight was really beneficial. 
Finally in senior class I was able to have a one on one training with Instructor Greg to teach me my pattern. I'm still very confused, no doubt I need to practice. 

-
Some other news is, I finally received my Katana! I shall write a whole other post about it but I'm very happy!

Until then, thanks for reading my short week summary.


Kirstine Powhiro
6th Grade (Green Belt)
Rhee Tae Kwon Do