I don't know about you, but some days, usually after a long shift at work, I find myself feeling sluggish, drained and exhausted. 
How are you supposed to have the energy to train whilst feeling like that?

Over the past month or so I've found some ways which boost my energy levels before training, check it out.


1. TAKE A NAP:
I have found on a few occasions, having a quick 20 minute nap can really wake you up. It gives your body a chance to have a few moments of well deserved rest, before launching into the important things.




2. EAT! :Chances are your body isn't feeling so great, because it doesn't have the energy it needs to fuel your training.

The best thing to do would be to eat something, citrus fruit and a piece of toast is my personal go to. Fruit for the sugar, toast as carbs for the body to use up.


3. GET MOTIVATED:

An easy way to get your head in the game is to watch a motivational video! Someone telling you "You can achieve greatness today but you have to start RIGHT NOW!" can really, truly be an inspiring way to jump into training. 

4. LISTEN TO UP-BEAT MUSIC: 

Dubstep, R'n'B, House, POP! Whatever your preferred genre, listening to an up-beat song can get you in the zone, the tempo will make you want to dance and therefore it makes you want to MOVE! So in this case, Adele would be the wrong choice. 

5. JUST GO TO TRAINING: 

At first you might feel low, and tired. But I can assure you, that the second you get stuck into training, all of your fatigue will disappear. Exercising alone feeds endorphins to the brain, making us more alert. 

6. VISUALIZE:
You're in the dojang/dojo/gym, training, you can see each movement you perform, executed perfectly. You feel strong, YOU ARE STRONG! And you ask yourself, "What can overcome me?" The answer? Nothing.

Visualizing is a fantastic way to get motivated. Simply seeing yourself training and imagining your own strength, can help you to want the real deal. 
- Hopefully after reading these short, helpful hints on how to get more energy you'll be able encorperate them into your routine. They have helped me greatly, I hope they do the same for you.

Thanks for reading.

-Kirstine