Don't get me wrong, TKD is fun and is a place that I'm always happy to be. But thinking back to when I was merely a small lazy 12 year old, there were some days when the thought of going off to training made me roll my eyes with sheer adolescent disagreement. And towards the end of my training I would even take weeks off at a time!

Tut tut.

But the truth is sometimes we all need a little motivation. Something that makes us think, "Hey, wait a minute, I DO want to do this!". The question is, what will work for you?

So I've come up with 10 reasons why you SHOULD go to training, to pull you out of that sluggish mind-set and to get you back in the dojang! (or dojo, or gym!)

1. IT'S SOMETHING TO DO.

-Ok, a lame one to start off with but honestly, what are you going to be doing at home, whilst sitting on the couch when you could be training, doing something productive for yourself, mind and body!

2. THERE'S SOMEONE WHO THINK'S YOU'RE GONNA QUIT.

-Not that anyone else's opinion matters on what you do with your life, but having that one person's voice in the back of your head saying "I knew you would quit." when you've skipped a training day, can really be a shot to the ol'ego. Go to training! Prove that jerk wrong!


3. BECAUSE YOU USED THAT EXCUSE LAST WEEK!

-My knee is sore from last time, I better take it easy and stay home. My uniform isn't clean. My friend isn't going so I won't either.
What!? If you already made an excuse not to go in the past and you're using the same one to skip out again, then hello?? *FLASHING RED LIGHTS* Go alone! Strap that knee up! and wear some normal clothes!

4. YOU WILL REGRET IT.

-You know that if your training starts at 6:30 and you're at home staring at the clock at 7, that little monster called regret will creep up on you and say "YOU COULD'VE GONE! NOW WHAT'RE YOU GONNA DO?"




5. I HAVE WORK EARLY TOMORROW.

- I work in a bakery and some days I have to be at work by 5am! If I can go to training the night before, then so can you! Not only that, but you'll have the best sleep, nothing like hitting the softness of the pillows after a great training day.

6. BUT GAME OF THRONES IS ON TONIGHT.

-I know it is. This will require all your will power. Turn away from the screen, be strong. There will be an encore and there's always NETFLIX.

7. TO FEEL GOOD.

-Had a bad day? Stressed out? Or maybe just plain sad? Going to training is the best thing you could do for yourself. Along with the exercise, doing something that increases your skills will give you confidence and in the end, you'll leave feeling so good about yourself.

8. WHAT IF YOU MISS OUT ON SOMETHING?

-In my experience, instructors like to switch it up and hardly ever have a "routine" training. There will always be something new. What if they're breaking boards tonight? Or holding a mini-tournament? All that fun stuff you're going to miss out on if you stay home.

9. TO FEEL AND BE STRONGER!

- Going to training means progression. Every second you spend on the couch means nothing. Who knows? Tomorrow after training you might notice a new pair of abs shining through in the mirror. I can't say the same if you spent the night with the cooking channel and a tube of cookie dough.




10. TO PROVE IT TO YOURSELF!

-In the end it's only you who can decide if it's right or wrong to head off to training. But just know that nobody else will do it for you, nobody can progress for you or reach your goals for you. That's in your hands and how much confidence would you gain knowing you had the drive to things for yourself?
I guess you'll never know unless you head off to train?

Thanks for reading!

-Kirstine