Welcome back!

So after a very tough week at work, I really wanted to get back to Rhee TKD.
Walking into the dojang on Monday was such an energizer! I practised my pattern a few times before we began, noticing that I was a little stiff with locking up for blocks. 
We had a pretty physical warm up (or so I thought), a few push ups/sit ups and then jumped straight into stance practises.
One of which was horseman stance. 

Legs double shoulder width apart, a killer on the thighs. Paired with the stance we began kicking drills of front raising kicks, side raising kicks and side thrusting kicks. Or! The infamous SIDE PIERCING KICK!

After the long kicking drills, my legs were screaming for mercy. Thankfully we jumped into some self defence techniques. Learning how to block an attack followed by a counter attack. SO MUCH FUN! But I felt like I kept accidentally hurting my partner, oops!

Wednesday compared to Monday was even MORE physical! A great surprise and switch up from the last few lessons. Double the push ups, double the sit ups. Plus burpees, shuttle runs and core workouts. We had a new person join the class, an older woman named Leane? I think. She was having a tough time with the exercises and I tried to encourage her to push through, "If I can do it you can do it." I said. 

For training we practised patterns, Chon-Ji is what it is called in ITF, however I am unsure of the name in Rhee TKD. I hear some people pronounce it Jon-Ji. Something I will need to clarify. 
Over and over we practised. Getting it right. Maintaining long, strong walking stances!
My favourite lesson so far! I cannot wait for the day we start breaking boards!

I am now eagerly awaiting Monday's lesson! Until then stay focused!

Thanks for reading.

-Kirstine