Greetings friends!
So my computer has been updating for the past two days hence the late post AGAIN! But here I am to re-cap the fortnight, YAY!

MONDAY WEEK 34- This was 100% the worst training I have ever had. My ankles were sore beyond belief through warm up and stretching. Instructor Wayne took the seniors through many blocking drills, it was a very sweaty lesson indeed as the heat in Cairns continues to rise.
At the end of class Instructor Greg asked us to perform the three punches and blocks for three step sparring over and over and over so that the white belts would be able to remember. It went for about half an hour. But I guess going over basics doesn't hurt.

WEDNESDAY WEEK 34- We had a really cool warm up of 'bull-rush' and I kept getting tagged so was given many many push ups, but it was fun. 
I was then asked to teach a new boy the basics. He was very difficult to teach, very distracted and needed a more practiced hand at teaching I think. It was a bit sad.
However in senior class, the higher grades practiced their patterns while the rest of us got to break breakable boards!!! 
I found myself going for a forearm strike, I smashed one board no problem, and after MANY turns eventually got two boards broken too! It was awesome.


MONDAY WEEK 35- Monday was our first split lesson of junior class (6:15-7:15) and senior class (7-8:15). It felt very odd walking in at 7pm. I was a little tired from working all day. All in all the class wasn't very different to our regular ones, but did feel shorter as usually I am there from 6-8pm.
Instructor Wayne took us for a while and he was really cool, we went through patterns where he emphasized speed at the final moment of a movement. 

WEDNESDAY WEEK 35- I didn't feel like going at all Wednesday night, and tossed and turned about it for ages, my family eventually told me to go otherwise I would be complaining about missing TKD for the rest of the week. So I went and OH MY GOD, it was the best decision ever.
Walking in felt like home, OF COURSE. 
Instructor Wayne took the warm up which was awesome because it was outside!
Senior class consisted of patterns patterns PATTERNS!!
I loved it so so much.

At the end, Instructor Greg said to that he was thinking of grading me, however action day isn't far away. I told him that I would like to wait.
Not only because I can be graded with everyone else, but because I REALLY want to get my pattern right before moving on. 

The thought of the coming belts excite me so much, I have seen the next two patterns and they look awesome! I can't wait. 
I imagine myself wearing a blue belt, which to me is such a senior grade. I can't believe how close I am to it. I feel very proud to be where I am now and I hope I just continue to be committed!

Until next time!

Kirstine Powhiro
6th Grade (Green Belt)
Rhee Tae Kwon Do