MONDAY WEEK 39: Great start to the week, nice warm up, even though my ankles were at me again.
We were then training in preparation for Action Day, focusing on sparring and little on basics and patterns.
I tried to practice locking out the technique in sparring instead of just throwing moves out lazily. 
But I really do need to work on my kicks still.

WEDNESDAY night, was basically the same, but with more emphasis on basics.

-

MONDAY WEEK 40: The final week of training! I arrived late to training because I finished work at 6:30pm and junior class starts at 6:15, but I rushed to the dojang (safely) and made it in time for the final minutes of the warm up with Instructor Curtis. Which meant I missed out on a really TOUGH workout haha!
Instructor Greg arrived shortly after with a large bag.
He must have forgotten some belts for people who graded on Action Day because he was giving them out to some of the juniors.
We lined up and I was called to the front and promoted to 5th grade, blue stripe! YAY!
After we used the rest of the lesson to practice sparring, 3 step combos first and then I had to do one step sparring with Instructor Curits, which was really good because he was able to explain in detail, how to execute each move.

WEDNESDAY 16.12.15 - FINAL LESSON: We started our final lesson for the year with a light jog around the area we train in. Instructor Greg then graded a few people including Orrawee, the girl I teach at the beginning of classes. She had to free spar, do her pattern, Do-San and break a board with a side kick. She did really well! Proud moment!



We then played a bit of soccer and my team WON! After we took group photos! I didn't get one of our whole class, but I did get one of the black belts.


After photos we lined up once more and Instructor Greg wished us a Merry Christmas and New Year. Thanked the black belts and seniors, and then we bowed out for the last time this year.
We ate some food, had a chat and then left! 

So! Thank you to anybody who has been reading my story from the beginning, I haven't been training long but it has become one of the most important things in my life.
I have decided to look into Iaido and MMA and will be visiting the Iaido Dojo this Friday and the MMA gym on Monday. Just to fill in my time and to add a new experience over the break.

Of course I will continue to update my training and will be returning to Rhee TKD next year. 

Thanks again!

Kirstine Powhiro
5th Grade (Green Belt/Blue Stripe)
Rhee Tae Kwon Do